Sunday, November 10, 2013

Planning for effective reading



While doing the planning for effective reading, one should try to answer following relevant questions:

  1. What is the goal, purpose or objective of reading? Is it to grab core ideas, core meaning, understand principles, acquire new knowledge, just for fun or any thing else? What all chapters of book I should cover & in what time frame?
  2. Why this reading is essential to me?
  3. How can I apply underlying ideas or concepts in my day to day practice?
  4. Where can I get better optimized information in subject area which I am looking for?
  5. Who all are the expert writers in subject matter which I want to learn? What are names of the best books written by them?
  6. When is the right time I should start reading or acquiring knowledge & what is ending deadline?

No comments:

Post a Comment